PowerPC Linux Port

bushnrvn

PowerPC Linux Port

Post by bushnrvn »

Hello all.

I learned of this project a few days ago and I was super excited.

I looked at the dependencies and figured I'd give shot at compiling for PowerPC. Compiling was easy enough, running launcher is another story.

I can load the launcher but there are a couple of errors I am not sure about.

This error appears in terminal immediately after starting launcher. A Qt5 error:

Code: Select all

QObject::connect: No such slot Launcher::ProcessInvoker::processError(QProcess::ProcessError)
Despite this, I can still use Launcher to select the MPQ and exe. However, when Play is selected, I get this:

Code: Select all

Failed to open ~/Desktop/build/DIABDAT.MPQ with error 1000
Any ideas one what these mean are appreciated. I really hope I can get this worked out if possible. A native *nix PPC port of Diablo just makes sense. :)

wheybags
Site Admin

Re: PowerPC Linux Port

Post by wheybags »

Powerpc linux is big endian right? :S
There's an awful lot of stuff that won't work with a big endian processor.
I don't think I even own a big endian processor, so I wouldn't really be in a position to fix that.
Also, stormlib probably doesn't support big endian, which would be a fairly unsurmountable barrier

bushnrvn

Post by bushnrvn »

Oh well.

Dust in the wind.

untitled

Post by untitled »

wheybags wrote:Also, stormlib probably doesn't support big endian, which would be a fairly unsurmountable barrier
You always have the option to extract the game resources once, using Zezula's MPQ Editor. Doing this would make it possible to focus on identifying the endianness issues specifically related to Freeablo.

wheybags
Site Admin

Post by wheybags »

That's true, actually, and freeablo will read the diabdat.mpq files from ./ if they exist.
If anyone wants to take this on as a task, I'd accept it, but honestly it's not super high priority (little endian master race :p)

bushnrvn

Post by bushnrvn »

Interesting. I am pretty sure I lack the requesite expertise to take this on today, but perhaps it gives me something to chew on...

konopka90

Post by konopka90 »

You can run big endian PPC on QEmu, few weeks ago I had to use it and it worked quite well.

wheybags
Site Admin

Post by wheybags »

Freeablo worked on big endian?
Did you modify it at all for that, because it really shouldn't O.o